Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Morning
COLONOSCOPY PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS – MORNING
Procedure arrival before 2:00pm
An absolutely clean colon is necessary for a successful examination. Please follow theses instructions carefully.
AVOID FRUITS AND VEGETABLES WITH PEELS OR LEAFY GREENS, INCLUDING SALAD, AS WELL AS SEEDS AND NUTS FOR 2 – 3 DAYS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION.
DAY BEFORE EXAMINATION
- Mix preparation drink according to instructions and refrigerate.
- Have a normal breakfast.
- Have a light lunch around noon time.
No solid food can be eaten after 2:00 PM. After 2:00 PM clear liquids are permitted such as clear broth, apple juice, ginger ale, or non-red or purple colored Jell-O. No dairy products of any kind can be consumed past 2:00 PM.
- Begin drinking the preparation drink between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM. Drink a large glass (about 8 oz.) every 15 minutes until the bottle is empty. It is best to drink the whole glass rapidly rather than sipping small amounts continuously.
- Feelings of bloating and/or nausea and chilliness are common after the first few glasses of the preparation drink because of the large volume of fluid ingested. This is temporary, however, and will disappear once bowel movements begin.
- Bowel movements usually occur within 4 hours after the first glass of the drink. They will continue periodically for approximately two to four hours after you finish drinking the last glass. By this time, the stool liquid should be clear.
- You may have clear liquids in the morning, but NOTHING, INCLUDING WATER, CAN BE TAKEN BY MOUTH THREE HOURS PRIOR TO THE EXAMINATION.
YOU WILL NEED A RIDE HOME. THIS IS HOSPITAL REGULATION.
*Please contact our office for any additional instructions that may have been given at your appointment. This includes how to take your medications prior to the procedure.*
*There is always an on-call M.D. to address any questions/concerns you may have.*
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Split Dose
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Afternoon
- Colon Prep Gallon w/ Magnesium Citrate – AM
- Colon Prep w/ Magnesium Citrate – PM
- Colonoscopy Prep – 2 Day
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Split Dose
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Morning
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Osmoprep
- Colon Prep Dulcolax / Magnesium Citrate
- Colon Prep Miralax / Gatorade
- Colon Prep – Suprep
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Morning
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Afternoon