Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Afternoon
PREPARATION FOR AFTERNOON FLEXIBLE SIGMOIDOSCOPY
AVOID FRUITS AND VEGETABLES WITH PEELS OR LEAFY GREENS, INCLUDING SALAD, AS WELL AS SEEDS AND NUTS FOR 2 – 3 DAYS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION.
DAY BEFORE EXAMINATION PREPARATION
Have a normal breakfast.
Clear liquid diet the remainder of the day.
Clear liquids are liquids you can see through. Liquids allowed on a clear diet include the following:
Clear fruit juices (apple, cranberry, grape)
Strained juices (orange, lemonade, grapefruit)
Soft drinks (ginger ale, white soda, other clear carbonated drinks)
Mineral Water (plain or flavored)
Black coffee (non-dairy coffee creamer is permitted)
Liquid gelatin (3oz. package in 1 quart of water)
Exclude all others such as nectars, milk, cream and juices with pulp
Clear broth or bouillon
Plain gelatin (not red)
Flavored fruit juice ices, sugar, honey, sugar substitutes, hard candy
DAY OF EXAMINATION PREPARATION
Have a clear liquid breakfast before 9:00 AM, again avoiding any dairy products.
Nothing to eat or drink after 9:00 AM.
Two fleet enemas that morning before leaving for the office. Fleet enemas may be purchased over the counter at any pharmacy. Generic is acceptable.
1. The first enema approximately two hours before leaving for the office at ** .
2. The second enema approximately one hour before leaving for the office at ** .
Plan to arrive at Springfield Medical Associates at ** A.M. on ** .
** Please contact our office for your date and times or if you have questions, (413) 739-5676.
If you should need to cancel, a 48 hour notice is appreciated.
There is always an on-call M.D. to address any questions/concerns you may have.
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Split Dose
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Afternoon
- Colon Prep Gallon w/ Magnesium Citrate – AM
- Colon Prep w/ Magnesium Citrate – PM
- Colonoscopy Prep – 2 Day
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Split Dose
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Morning
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Osmoprep
- Colon Prep Dulcolax / Magnesium Citrate
- Colon Prep Miralax / Gatorade
- Colon Prep – Suprep
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Morning
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Afternoon