Colon Prep – Suprep
COLONOSCOPY INSTRUCTIONS – SUPREP
Procedure after 11:30am arrival
This is the preparation instructions for the SUPREP Kit. This kit may be purchased at any pharmacy with a prescription from your doctor.
AVOID FRUITS AND VEGETABLES WITH PEELS OR LEAFY GREENS, INCLUDING SALAD, AS WELL AS SEEDS AND NUTS FOR 2 – 3 DAYS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION.
DAY BEFORE EXAM:
Eat a light breakfast before 9:00AM; something like eggs and toast would be fine. You may only have a clear liquid diet from that point on. A clear liquid diet includes clear broth, Jell-O, clear soda, apple/white grape juice, popsicles, or coffee or tea (served black only). NO DAIRY PRODUCTS OR ANYTHING THAT IS PURPLE OR RED IN COLOR may be consumed during this time.
It is important to drink PLENTY OF CLEAR FLUIDS throughout the day.
Beginning at: 6:00 PM
Step 1: Pour one (1) 6 ounce bottle of SUPREP liquid into the mixing container and add cool drinking water to the 16 ounce line on the container.
Step 2: Drink ALL of the liquid in the container.
Step 3: You MUST drink two (2) more 16 ounce containers of just water over the next 1 hour.
Beginning at: 6:00 AM
Repeat Steps 1 through 3.
●You may continue CLEAR LIQUIDS ONLY until 3 hours prior to the test time, but NOTHING, INCLUDING WATER, CAN BE TAKEN BY MOUTH FOR THREE HOURS PRIOR TO THE EXAMINATION.
YOU WILL NEED A RIDE HOME. THIS IS HOSPITAL REGULATION.
*Please contact our office for any additional instructions that may have been given at your appointment. This includes how to take your medications prior to the procedure.*
*There is always an on-call M.D. to address any questions/concerns you may have.*
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Split Dose
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Afternoon
- Colon Prep Gallon w/ Magnesium Citrate – AM
- Colon Prep w/ Magnesium Citrate – PM
- Colonoscopy Prep – 2 Day
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Split Dose
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Morning
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Osmoprep
- Colon Prep Dulcolax / Magnesium Citrate
- Colon Prep Miralax / Gatorade
- Colon Prep – Suprep
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Morning
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Afternoon