COLONOSCOPY INSTRUCTIONS FOR OSMOPREP
Procedure after 11:30am arrival
AVOID FRUITS AND VEGETABLES WITH PEELS OR LEAFY GREENS, INCLUDING SALAD, AS WELL AS SEEDS AND NUTS FOR 2 – 3 DAYS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION.
DAY BEFORE EXAM:
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner—Clear Liquid Diet ONLY.
It is important to drink many clear liquids throughout the entire day.
Clear Liquid Diet List: No dairy products or anything that is red or purple in color
Beverages include water, soft drinks (orange, ginger ale, sprite, 7-up, etc.), Gatorade, Kool-Aid, strained fruit juices such as apple or white grape juice. Also, tea or coffee without sugar or dairy products is permitted (sweeteners are okay).
Soups include chicken or beef broth.
Desserts include hard candies, Jell-O (orange, lemon or lime) or popsicles (no sherbets or fruit bars).
Starting at 5:00 pm Evening prior to exam: Take 4 Osmoprep tablets every 15 minutes with at least 8 ounces of any clear liquid until you have consumed all 20 tablets.
Starting at 5:00 am Morning of exam: Take 4 Osmoprep tablets every 15 minutes with at least 8 ounces of any clear liquid until you have consumed the remaining 12 tablets.
You may continue to have clear liquids only in the morning, but NOTHING, INCLUDING WATER, CAN BE TAKEN BY MOUTH THREE HOURS PRIOR TO THE EXAMINATION.
YOU WILL NEED A RIDE HOME. THIS IS HOSPITAL REGULATION.
*Please contact our office for any additional instructions that may have been given at your appointment. This includes how to take your medications prior to the procedure.*
*There is always an on-call M.D. to address any questions/concerns you may have.*
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Split Dose
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Afternoon
- Colon Prep Gallon w/ Magnesium Citrate – AM
- Colon Prep w/ Magnesium Citrate – PM
- Colonoscopy Prep – 2 Day
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Split Dose
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Morning
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Osmoprep
- Colon Prep Dulcolax / Magnesium Citrate
- Colon Prep Miralax / Gatorade
- Colon Prep – Suprep
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Morning
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Afternoon