Colon Prep Miralax / Gatorade
COLONOSCOPY INSTRUCTIONS – MIRALAX/GATORADE
AVOID FRUITS AND VEGETABLES WITH PEELS OR LEAFY GREENS, INCLUDING SALAD, AS WELL AS SEEDS AND NUTS FOR 2 – 3 DAYS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION.
Please purchase over the counter: 4 (four) dulcolax (bisacodyl) tablets, a 64-ounce bottle of Gatorade (not red/purple), and Miralax 238 gram bottle. Refrigerate the Gatorade.
DAY BEFORE EXAM:
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner—Clear Liquid Diet ONLY.
It is important to drink many clear liquids throughout the entire day.
Clear Liquid Diet List: No dairy products or anything that is red or purple in color!
Beverages include water, soft drinks (orange, ginger ale, sprite, 7-up, etc.), Gatorade, Kool-Aid, strained fruit juices such as apple or white grape juice. Also, tea or coffee without dairy products is permitted.
Soups include chicken or beef broth.
Desserts include hard candies, Jell-O (orange, lemon or lime) or popsicles (no sherbets or fruit bars).
Starting at 5:00 PM: Mix the bottle of Miralax (238g) in the 64-ounce bottle of Gatorade. Make sure that the powder is completely dissolved. The solution can be chilled prior to consuming. Then begin to drink the Gatorade mixture. Drink one 8 (eight) ounce glass every 15 minutes until finished. After completion, continue to drink as much clear liquids as possible until bedtime.
Starting at 7:00 PM: Take 4 (four) dulcolax tablets with a glass of water.
You may continue to have clear liquids only in the morning up to three hours before your procedure. NOTHING, INCLUDING WATER, CAN BE TAKEN BY MOUTH THREE HOURS PRIOR TO THE PROCEDURE.
YOU WILL NEED A RIDE HOME. THIS IS HOSPITAL REGULATION.
*Please contact our office for any additional instructions that may have been given at your appointment. This includes how to take your medications prior to the procedure.*
*There is always an on-call M.D. to address any questions/concerns you may have.*
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Split Dose
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Afternoon
- Colon Prep Gallon w/ Magnesium Citrate – AM
- Colon Prep w/ Magnesium Citrate – PM
- Colonoscopy Prep – 2 Day
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Split Dose
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Morning
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Osmoprep
- Colon Prep Dulcolax / Magnesium Citrate
- Colon Prep Miralax / Gatorade
- Colon Prep – Suprep
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Morning
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Afternoon