Colon Prep Half Lyte – Afternoon
COLONOSCOPY PREP HALF LYTE – AFTERNOON
Procedure arrival after 2:0pm
An absolutely clean colon is necessary for a successful examination. Please follow these instructions carefully.
When purchasing the prescription colon preparation, please also purchase Ducolax tablets. They are sold over the counter at any pharmacy and do NOT need a prescription.
AVOID FRUITS AND VEGETABLES WITH PEELS OR LEAFY GREENS, INCLUDING SALAD, AS WELL AS SEEDS AND NUTS FOR 2 – 3 DAYS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION.
DAY BEFORE EXAMINATION
- Have a normal breakfast.
- Have a normal lunch.
- Have a light dinner then follow a clear liquid diet from 5:00 PM, on. Clear liquids are non-red or purple colored liquids such as clear broth, apple juice, ginger ale and Jell-O. NO dairy products of any kind can be consumed. Black coffee and teas are ok as well.
- Mix the preparation according to the instructions and refrigerate.
- At 7:00 PM, please take TWO Ducolax tablets and continue with the clear liquid diet.
Morning of the Examination
- Begin drinking the preparation drink at 6:00 AM. Drink a large glass (about 8 oz.) every 15 minutes until you have consumed AT LEAST 10 glasses. You will have left over solution to drink if your bowel movements have not run clear (after the 10 glasses). It is best to drink the whole glass rapidly rather than sipping small amounts continuously.
- Feelings of bloating and/or nausea and chilliness are common after the first few glasses of the preparation drink because of the large volume of fluid ingested. This is temporary, however, and will disappear once bowel movements begin. Walking around may help these symptoms as well.
- Bowel movements usually occur within 4 hours after the first glass of the drink. They will continue periodically for approximately two to four hours after you finish drinking the last glass. By this time, the stool liquid should be clear.
- You may have clear liquids in the morning, but NOTHING, INCLUDING WATER, CAN BE TAKEN BY MOUTH THREE HOURS PRIOR TO THE EXAMINATION.
YOU WILL NEED A RIDE HOME. THIS IS HOSPITAL REGULATION.
*Please contact our office for any additional instructions that may have been given at your appointment. This includes how to take your medications prior to the procedure.*
*There is always an on-call M.D. to address any questions/concerns you may have.*
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Split Dose
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Afternoon
- Colon Prep Gallon w/ Magnesium Citrate – AM
- Colon Prep w/ Magnesium Citrate – PM
- Colonoscopy Prep – 2 Day
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Split Dose
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Morning
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Osmoprep
- Colon Prep Dulcolax / Magnesium Citrate
- Colon Prep Miralax / Gatorade
- Colon Prep – Suprep
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Morning
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Afternoon