Colonoscopy Prep – 2 Day
COLONOSCOPY PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS – 2 DAY
An absolutely clean colon is necessary for a successful examination. Please follow these instructions carefully.
AVOID FRUITS AND VEGETABLES WITH PEELS OR LEAFY GREENS, INCLUDING SALAD, AS WELL AS SEEDS AND NUTS FOR 2 – 3 DAYS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION.
TWO (2) DAYS BEFORE EXAMINATION
Take 2 Dulcolax tablets before bed. You can purchase Dulcolax over the counter at a drugstore.
DAY BEFORE EXAMINATION – CLEAR LIQUID DIET ONLY
A clear liquid diet includes foods such as clear broth, Jell-O, clear sodas, apple/white grapefruit juice, popsicles, coffee or tea (served black). NO DAIRY PRODUCTS OR ANY LIQUID THAT IS RED OR PURPLE IN COLOR.
1. In the morning, start your clear liquid diet and mix preparation drink from pharmacy according to instructions and refrigerate.
2. Begin drinking the preparation drink between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM. Drink a large glass (about 8 oz) every 15 minutes until
the bottle is empty. It is best to drink the whole glass rather than sipping small amounts continuously.
3. Feelings of bloating and/or nausea and chilliness are common after the first few glasses of the preparation drink because of the large
volume of fluid ingested. This is temporary, however, and will disappear once bowel movements begin.
4. Bowel movements usually occur within 4 hours after the first glass of the drink. They will continue periodically for approximately two to
four hours after you finish drinking the last glass. By this time, the stool liquid should be clear.
5. You may have clear liquids in the morning, but NOTHING, INCLUDING WATER, CAN BE TAKEN BY MOUTH THREE HOURS
PRIOR TO THE EXAMINATION.
YOU WILL NEED A RIDE HOME. THIS IS HOSPITAL REGULATION.
*There is always an on-call M.D. to address any questions/concerns you may have.*
*Please contact our office for any additional instructions that may have been given at your appointment. This includes how to take your medications prior to the procedure.*
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Split Dose
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Gallon Prep – Afternoon
- Colon Prep Gallon w/ Magnesium Citrate – AM
- Colon Prep w/ Magnesium Citrate – PM
- Colonoscopy Prep – 2 Day
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Split Dose
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Morning
- Colon Prep Half Lyte – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Morning
- Colonoscopy Moviprep – Afternoon
- Colonoscopy Osmoprep
- Colon Prep Dulcolax / Magnesium Citrate
- Colon Prep Miralax / Gatorade
- Colon Prep – Suprep
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Morning
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy – Afternoon